About | News | Projects | Staff | Students | Resources | Jobs | Contact | Imprint
July ‘20 talks, awards and GGPONC Corpus
May ‘20 3 LREC papers published and ACL paper accepted
- Submission by Sven Buechel, Susanna Rücker and Udo Hahn on learning emotion lexicons for 91 languages accepted at ACL 2020.
- Our LREC 2020 papers:
- Erik Faessler, Luise Modersohn, Christina Lohr, Udo Hahn: ProGene - A Large-scale, High-Quality Protein-Gene Annotated Benchmark Corpus;
- João Sedoc, Sven Buechel, Yehonathan Nachmany, Anneke Buffone, and Lyle Ungar. 2020. Learning Word Ratings for Empathy and Distress from Document-Level User Responses
- Bernd Kampe, Tinghui Duan, Udo Hahn: Allgemeine Musikalische Zeitung_ as a Searchable Online Corpus
April ‘20 paper accepted
- Submission by Erik Faessler, Michel Oleynik and Udo Hahn on feature evaluation of precision medicine search engines accepted at SIGIR 2020.
Dec ‘19 paper/Poster accepted
- Submission by Christina Lohr, Luise Modersohn, Johannes Hellrich, Tobias Kolditz and Udo Hahn about diagnoses annotation of German discharge summaries accepted at MIE 2020 Geneva Switzerland.
- Poster Submission by Tinghui Duan, Sven Büchel and Udo Hahn about romanticism in political discourse on twitter accepted at DHd2020 Paderborn Germany.
May ‘19 paper accepted
Mar ‘19 thesis defended, papers accepted
- Submission by Hellrich, Kampe & Hahn on the influence of down-sampling on the stability of word embeddings accepted at RepEval@NAACL 2019.
- Submission by Hellrich, Buechel & Hahn on modeling historical word emotion values accepted at LaTeCH-CLfL@NAACL 2019.
- Submission by Tobias Kolditz et al. on Annotating German Clinical Documents for De-Identification accepted at MedInfo 2019.
- We congratulate Dr. des. Johannes Hellrich for the successful defense of his thesis.
- Submission by Tinghui Duan and Udo Hahn on compiling a digital corpus of the historic Allgemeine Literatur-Zeitung (Short Paper) accepted at JCDL 2019.
Feb ‘19 paper accepted
- Submission by Tinghui Duan and Udo Hahn on compiling a digital corpus of the historic Allgemeine Literatur-Zeitung (Poster) accepted at CL 2019.
Oct ‘18 new team member, preprint available
Aug ‘18 paper accepted
Jul ‘18 alumnus
- We say goodbye to Dr. Sascha Schäuble and wish him good luck at his new position at the HKI.
Jun ‘18 visiting researcher, papers accepted
- Submission by Maria Moritz, Johannes Hellrich and Sven Buechel on a human-interpretable method to predict paraphrasticality accepted at LaTeCH-CLfL @ COLING 2018.
- Submission by Johannes Hellrich, Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on the JeSemE system accepted at COLING 2018.
- Submission by Christina Lohr, Stephanie Luther, Franz Matthies and Udo Hahn accepted at AMIA 2018.
- We welcome our visiting researcher Michel Oleynik.
May ‘18 papers accepted
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on mapping between different emotion formats accepted at COLING 2018.
- Submission by Sven Buechel, Tinghui Duan and Udo Hahn on a blanced corpus of business and corporate social responsiblity reports accepted for ECONLP @ ACL 2018.
- Submisson by Erik Faessler and Udo Hahn on JeDIS accepted at DocEng 2018.
Apr ‘18 open position
Mar ‘18 paper accepted, visiting researcher
- We welcome our visiting researcher Maria Moritz.
- Submission by Maria Moritz, Johannes Hellrich and Sven Buechel on designing a metric for paraphrases accepted for DH 2018.
Feb ‘18 new team members, paper accepted
- We welcome our new colleagues, Luise Modersohn and Tobias Kolditz.
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on predicting emotional word ratings accepted at NAACL-HLT 2018.
Jan ‘18 paper published
Dec ‘17: papers accepted
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on mapping between different emotion formats accepted at LREC 2018.
- Submission by Christina Lohr, Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on constructing substitute clinical corpora accepted at LREC 2018.
Nov ‘17: new team members, guest scientists, paper accepted, invited talks
Aug ‘17: best paper award
- Franz Matthies and Udo Hahn received a MedInfo 2017 best paper award for “Scholarly Information Extraction is Going to Make a Quantum Leap with PubMed Central (PMC)® - But Moving from Abstracts to Full Texts Seems Harder than Expected”.
Jul ‘17: new project
- The pilot project SMITH (Smart Medical Information Technology for Healthcare) has been awarded and has received funding for the next 4 years, start in January 2018.
Jun ‘17: paper published
Apr ‘17: papers accepted
- Submission by Franz Matthies and Udo Hahn on the difficulty of transferring event/relation extraction systems from abstracts to full text, accepted at MedInfo 2017.
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on mapping between different formats of emotion representation accepted for CogSci 2017.
- Submission by Erik Faessler and Udo Hahn on the biomedical semantic search engine Semedico accepted at ACL 2017.
- Submission by Johannes Hellrich and Udo Hahn on JeSemE, a website for exploring shifts in word semantic, accepted at ACL 2017.
Feb ‘17: papers accepted, alumni interview
Visit us on GitHub
© 2019 JULIE Lab