About | News | Projects | Staff | Students | Resources | Contact | Imprint
Nov ‘20 Workshop ECONLP 2021 @ EMNLP
Oct ‘20 LOUHI@EMNLP paper accepted
July ‘20 talks and awards
- The talk ‘What Makes a Top-Performing Precision Medicine Search Engine? Tracing Main System Features in a Systematic Way’ on SIGIR 2020 takes place in session 3B on Monday，July 27, 16:00 (GMT+2) - looking forward to see you there!
- Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn have received outstanding reviewer awards at ACL 2020.
May ‘20 3 LREC papers published and ACL paper accepted
- Submission by Sven Buechel, Susanna Rücker and Udo Hahn on learning emotion lexicons for 91 languages accepted at ACL 2020.
- Our LREC 2020 papers:
- Erik Faessler, Luise Modersohn, Christina Lohr, Udo Hahn: ProGene - A Large-scale, High-Quality Protein-Gene Annotated Benchmark Corpus;
- João Sedoc, Sven Buechel, Yehonathan Nachmany, Anneke Buffone, and Lyle Ungar. 2020. Learning Word Ratings for Empathy and Distress from Document-Level User Responses
- Bernd Kampe, Tinghui Duan, Udo Hahn: Allgemeine Musikalische Zeitung_ as a Searchable Online Corpus
April ‘20 paper accepted
- Submission by Erik Faessler, Michel Oleynik and Udo Hahn on feature evaluation of precision medicine search engines accepted at SIGIR 2020.
Dec ‘19 paper/Poster accepted
- Submission by Christina Lohr, Luise Modersohn, Johannes Hellrich, Tobias Kolditz and Udo Hahn about diagnoses annotation of German discharge summaries accepted at MIE 2020 Geneva Switzerland.
- Poster Submission by Tinghui Duan, Sven Büchel and Udo Hahn about romanticism in political discourse on twitter accepted at DHd2020 Paderborn Germany.
Nov ‘19 workshop ECONLP 2019 @ EMNLP-IJCNLP
- The “ECONLP 2019 — Second Workshop on Economics and Natural Language Processing” will be collocated with EMNLP-IJCNLP, November 4th
May ‘19 paper accepted
Mar ‘19 thesis defended, papers accepted
- Submission by Hellrich, Kampe & Hahn on the influence of down-sampling on the stability of word embeddings accepted at RepEval@NAACL 2019.
- Submission by Hellrich, Buechel & Hahn on modeling historical word emotion values accepted at LaTeCH-CLfL@NAACL 2019.
- Submission by Tobias Kolditz et al. on Annotating German Clinical Documents for De-Identification accepted at MedInfo 2019.
- We congratulate Dr. des. Johannes Hellrich for the successful defense of his thesis.
- Submission by Tinghui Duan and Udo Hahn on compiling a digital corpus of the historic Allgemeine Literatur-Zeitung (Short Paper) accepted at JCDL 2019.
Feb ‘19 paper accepted
- Submission by Tinghui Duan and Udo Hahn on compiling a digital corpus of the historic Allgemeine Literatur-Zeitung (Poster) accepted at CL 2019.
Oct ‘18 new team member, preprint available
Aug ‘18 paper accepted
Jul ‘18 alumnus
- We say goodbye to Dr. Sascha Schäuble and wish him good luck at his new position at the HKI.
Jun ‘18 visiting researcher, papers accepted
- Submission by Maria Moritz, Johannes Hellrich and Sven Buechel on a human-interpretable method to predict paraphrasticality accepted at LaTeCH-CLfL @ COLING 2018.
- Submission by Johannes Hellrich, Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on the JeSemE system accepted at COLING 2018.
- Submission by Christina Lohr, Stephanie Luther, Franz Matthies and Udo Hahn accepted at AMIA 2018.
- We welcome our visiting researcher Michel Oleynik.
May ‘18 papers accepted
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on mapping between different emotion formats accepted at COLING 2018.
- Submission by Sven Buechel, Tinghui Duan and Udo Hahn on a blanced corpus of business and corporate social responsiblity reports accepted for ECONLP @ ACL 2018.
- Submisson by Erik Faessler and Udo Hahn on JeDIS accepted at DocEng 2018.
Apr ‘18 open position
Mar ‘18 paper accepted, visiting researcher
- We welcome our visiting researcher Maria Moritz.
- Submission by Maria Moritz, Johannes Hellrich and Sven Buechel on designing a metric for paraphrases accepted for DH 2018.
Feb ‘18 new team members, paper accepted
- We welcome our new colleagues, Luise Modersohn and Tobias Kolditz.
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on predicting emotional word ratings accepted at NAACL-HLT 2018.
Jan ‘18 paper published
Dec ‘17: papers accepted
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on mapping between different emotion formats accepted at LREC 2018.
- Submission by Christina Lohr, Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on constructing substitute clinical corpora accepted at LREC 2018.
Nov ‘17: new team members, guest scientists, paper accepted, invited talks
Aug ‘17: best paper award
- Franz Matthies and Udo Hahn received a MedInfo 2017 best paper award for “Scholarly Information Extraction is Going to Make a Quantum Leap with PubMed Central (PMC)® - But Moving from Abstracts to Full Texts Seems Harder than Expected”.
Jul ‘17: new project
- The pilot project SMITH (Smart Medical Information Technology for Healthcare) has been awarded and has received funding for the next 4 years, start in January 2018.
Jun ‘17: paper published
Apr ‘17: papers accepted
- Submission by Franz Matthies and Udo Hahn on the difficulty of transferring event/relation extraction systems from abstracts to full text, accepted at MedInfo 2017.
- Submission by Sven Buechel and Udo Hahn on mapping between different formats of emotion representation accepted for CogSci 2017.
- Submission by Erik Faessler and Udo Hahn on the biomedical semantic search engine Semedico accepted at ACL 2017.
- Submission by Johannes Hellrich and Udo Hahn on JeSemE, a website for exploring shifts in word semantic, accepted at ACL 2017.
Feb ‘17: papers accepted, alumni interview
Visit us on GitHub
© 2022 JULIE Lab